Amazing North Vietnam Tour 8 Days
This short tour of North Vietnam will let you explore and discover some of the most extraordinarily picturesque parts of South East Asia. Having Hanoi, the national capital, as our starting point, we set off on foot to reveal the beauties and peculiarities of this elegant old metropolis and its captivating Old Quarter, before embarking on our cruise to Halong Bay. Finally, we board the China-bound train to Lao Cai, a town at the northern border. Using the town as our base, we will trek through mountains of unparalleled beauty surrounding Sapa, a tribe minority town situated on the northern hills, where we will night stop in a longhouse; then, we will return to Hanoi for our journey’s end.
Day 1: Arrival at Hanoi (D)
Upon landing at the Noi Bai International Airport in Hanoi, a guide from the Viet Bamboo Travel agency will welcome you and transport you to your hotel in the city. You will dine in a beautiful restaurant, in Hanoi’s Old French Quarter. You will watch a traditional water puppet show in the evening and spend the night in Hanoi.
Day 2: City Tour of Hanoi (B, L)
The tour of Hanoi City will last the whole day and will introduce you to the most interesting sights in Hanoi. Among them, the Ho Chi Minh Complex: the Mausoleum, his Stilt House, the one Pillar Pagoda next to the Presidential Palace and, finally, the Old Quarter, or the 36 streets and guilds, as it is also known. Additional sightings include Ngoc Son Temple, the Lake of the Restored Sword, the Temple of Literature, serenade West Lake and lovers street Thanh Nien, Quan Thanh Temple and Tran Quoc Pagoda. Finally, you will chose a museum (Ethnology or History Museum) and spend the night in Hanoi.
Day 3: Hanoi to Halong Bay (B, L, D)
- 07: 30 - 07: 45 Departure from your hotel. Ride to Halong Bay. Gaze at the tranquil settings as we pass through the countryside, field and the Red River delta.
- 10: 30 Short break on the way
- 12: 30 Arrival at Hon Gai docks- Get acquainted with the captain and the crew and enjoy a welcome drink, information regarding the cruise, safety briefing and, finally, check in your cabin.
- 13: 00 Have fresh seafood for lunch while heading for the floating village of Vong Vieng, passing by amazingly shaped island
- 15: 30 Stop at Vong Vieng: visit schools, local houses, fish farm, and discuss with the local fishermen. If you wish, you can also swim. Alternatively, you can try kayak (you row for yourself). Kayaking costs $10 per passenger, unless you have pre-paid for it.
- 17: 00 Return to the boat, to continue the cruise towards Luom Bo while admiring the
- 19: 00 Dinner time
- 21: 00 Spend the night in your cabin or opt for night fishing. Either way, you spend the night on board.
Day 4: Halong Bay to Hanoi to Lao Cai by night train (B, D)
- 06: 30 Have your morning cup of coffee or tea while gazing at Halong Bay’s landscape.
- 07: 30 Time for light breakfast
- 08: 30 Sung Sot cave is up for exploration –one of the most beautiful caves in the area
- 09: 30 Return to the boat, continue the journey while relaxing and admiring the amazing beauty of the Bay.
- 10: 30 Have lunch on board while heading to the pier through Halong Bay.
- 11: 30 Cabin check-out.
- 12: 00 Arrival at Hon Gai docks.
- 12: 30 Return to Hanoi from Halong.
- 14: 30 Visit a ceramics workshop in Dong Trieu on the way.
- 16: 30 Hanoi arrival. In the evening you board the night train towards Laoi Cai and spend the night on it.
In the evening you board the night train towards Laoi Cai and spend the night on it.
Day 5: Lao Cai to Sapa (B)
06: 00 - 06: 30: Arrival at the train station in Lao Cai, where we will be greeted by a car which will transport us to Sapa. Sapa is only 33 km away, but the trip lasts one and a half hours. Upon arrival to Sapa we will go to Victoria hotel, where we will also have breakfast, in the hotel’s Ta Van Restaurant. After that, we have all the morning to ourselves to look around the town. At 2pm we will see our guide back in the hotel for a tour at the tribe villages of Cat Cat, where the H’mong minorities reside. You will also meet members of the local minorities as you walk towards the villages of the valley. Once in Sapa, you will be introduced to the culture and habits of the families living there. You will spend the night in Sapa.
Day 6: Walking in Sapa (B, L)
We begin our day with breakfast and then take a look at the daily market of Sapa before setting out on our 4-hour trek along buffalo trails and paths and through many tribe villages of Ta Van and Lao Chao, where the Dzay and H’mong people reside. This stroll is an indescribable experience, as you will be passing by amazing surrounding meeting perhaps the friendliest people of the region. We will head to meet a family in Ta Van, and make a stop on the way to have a picnic. We will return to Sapa to spend the night.
Day 7: Sapa to Lao Cai and night train to Hanoi (B, L)
We start our day by climbing the Ham Rong Mountain from where you get an amazing panorama of Sapa and its adjacent areas. Additionally, there are 2 orchid gardens and many gardens with other flowers. Then, we check-out from our hotel and head towards to the valley of Ta Phin, home to the H’mong and the Red Dao. Finally, we ride a car to Lao Cai train station to catch the night train to Hanoi. We spend the night on the train.
Day 8: Leaving Hanoi
Arrival at Hanoi train station at 6AM, where a vehicle picks us up and transports as to the Hanoi International airport to catch your flight. Tour ends here.
Price and quality are our strong points. In the unlikely event that a competitor offers the same itinerary for less, give a call to our Sales Manager and we will match their offer.Free Quote
- Private door-to-door pick-up & drop-off services.
- All private transportation
- Accommodation shared in Double/Twin room with daily breakfast
- Experienced English or French speaking guide.
- Halong Bay cruise program
- Train ticket: Hanoi - Lao Cai - Hanoi
- Meals as stated in the itinerary (B: Breakfast; L: Lunch; D: Dinner)
- All sightseeing tickets.
- Tissues and water on coach.
- Complimentary Vietnam visa on arrival pre-approved letter.
- Services charges and government tax.
- Exclusive and personalized single agent/single customer service.
- No extra charge after services confirmation
- 24/7 hotline support guaranteed
- International flights & departures taxes
- Personal expenses, tips and gratuities
- Travel insurance
- Peak season surcharge if any
- Compulsory Gala dinner on X-Mas & New Year if any
- Vietnam visa stamp fee (US$ 25 & 02 passport photos per person)
- Other services not mentioned above
Tailor Your Tour
Just let us know your requirements, We will then adapt this tour and create a unique quote based on your individual needs.Tailor Your Tour
Why Choose Us
High quality of serviceWe keep our tourist destinations, hotels, and other attractions reviewed constantly to ensure that their standards are up to date, and suitable for your trip. You can call our Vietnam phone number at any time of day, any day of the week, if you need help. During your trip, you won't be forced to stop anywhere so you can buy products you don't need (as is the case for many other East Asian tours).
Planning trips is efficient and convenientWe offer many tips which you can apply directly to your journey. You don't need to worry about anything--there are no hassles whatsoever. You can make as many changes to the plan as you'd like, for no additional charge.
Amazing customization optionsYou can customize every part of your trip so that it's tailored specifically to your needs. You can travel on your own schedule, at your own pace.
You can change everythingSure, as we’ve said, you can plan trips so that they fit your needs. However, they are also so flexible that you can change them around as things change, whether that's circumstances or ideas. You can even make such changes while you're on the tour itself. The consulting services we offer you are absolutely free. The only fees due to changes that you'll have to pay for are those for third-party expenses taken on by North Vietnam Tours.
Discover Northern Vietnam the Way You WantViet Bamboo Travel has been in the business for more than a decade, so we definitely understand not only all the concerns you might have, but also how much you value your vacation time. Whether you're travelling in northern Vietnam to see the sights, experience a new culture, or have an adventure, we will help you every step of the way. We’ll help you create the perfect Vietnam tour, adapted to your needs and desires. So, all that being said, we hope you enjoy your trip! You're going to love exploring this country.